The powers of the County as a political body are carried out by the County Board as follows
- Oversees all County funds and County business.
- Manages all County roads and right-of-ways and maintains a comprehensive One and Six Year Road Program.
- Examines all accounts, receipts and expenditures.
- Created our Planning Commission to make, adopt, amend, extend and implement our Comprehensive Development Plan and adopted our zoning rules and regulations.
- Annually levies and collects taxes.
- Provides suitable courthouse, jail and other necessary County buildings.
- Has the power to sell, convey, exchange or lease any real or personal estate owned by the County and is involved in all County real estate transactions.
Sarpy County employs a part-time lobbyist who focuses on state government issues on behalf of the County Board and County Elected Officials. Sarpy County is also a member of the Nebraska Association of County Officials.
|Nebraska Association of County Officials||Annual Dues Budgeted||$8,242|
|National Association of Counties||Annual Dues Budgeted||$2,385|
|Fred Uhe, Registered Lobbyist||Annual Lobbying Salary Budgeted||$18,000|
|Husch Blackwell, Registered Lobbyist||Annual Retainer||$36,000|